BlizzConline 2021 - World of Warcraft Q&A Panel
BlizzConline 2021 - World of Warcraft Interview Recaps
Several places were able to interview WoW devs this week on the information revealed during BlizzConline. Here are links to each of them with highlights and new information!
Blizzard Watch Interview - No Gold Cap for Classic Characters Moving to BC
Blizzard Watch interviews Lead Software Engineer Brian Birmingham and Executive Producer John Hight for more information on characters progressing into Burning Crusade Classic.
- Progression servers will take all of your gold, your guild, your auction houses, mail, and go directly to the Burning Crusade if that is what you choose to do.
- The team did not want to take away time and effort from people who have worked and planned ahead.
Eurogamer Interview - What to Expect in Chains of Domination
Eurogamer interviewed game director Ion Hazzikostas and art director Ely Cannon about what to expect in Shadowlands first content patch later this year.
- Taking the fight to the jailer will allow us to explore a range of epic environments that are unlike anything we've seen or done before in World of Warcraft.
- We will learn much more about the nature of death, the nature of the jailer and the foe that awaits us.
- Korthia, the City of Secrets, will be more relaxed than the rest of the Maw has been since launch. It will blend some of the Maw elements with traditional outdoor gameplay.
- The four covenant campaigns will continue in this patch.
- Ion describes Tazavesh, the new Broker city mega dungeon, as "the Harry Potter, Gringotts heist inspired dungeon."
- Flying will be unlocked solely by completing the campaign's main story.
- System changes in WoW are much more reactive than other content. They are a conversation between the team and the community.
- Evolution of class and covenant balance, loot systems, and Torghast will play out on the PTR with direct feedback from players.
- The team wants to address the sense of achievement in Torghast so that success of failure still leads to being satisfied and rewarded for your efforts.
- Ion said Battle for Azeroth's systems became "system soup". They were not launched in an extensible way and needed retrofitting with each patch.
Polygon Interview - The Maw in Chains of Domination
Polygon interviewed Jeremy Feasel and Frank Kowalkowski about the new features of the Maw in patch 9.1
- The Maw becomes a war zone in this patch, and so it will be a little less punishing to players.
- Korthia is dragged into the Maw, but it will not be a separate zone. it will exist seamlessly with the current Maw areas.
- There will be a pre-Korthia instance of the Maw for new characters.
- The covenants will establish safe-zone bases in the Maw.
- The presence of the covenants and having a home base there is going to ease up the effects of the Eye of the Jailer. This will allow you to spend a lot more time in the Maw.
- There will be a side-quest to teach players why the Eye of the Jailer debuff exists, and will allow them to cleanse themselves of the debuff over time.
- Players will also be able to summon their ground mounts in the Maw now.
- Flying will never be coming to the Maw.
- The goal was to have players feel liberated in the Maw now that the war is pushing into it, and this wouldn't have been possible without things feeling a little bit hard to deal with before this next patch.
PCGamer Interview - No Release Date for Chains of Domination Yet
(Feed generated with FetchRSS) Quelle: https://www.mmo-champion.com/c…Warcraft-Interview-Recaps